The reuse of the stones from the town wall (17th century)

The reuse of the stones from the town wall (17th century)

The reuse of the stones from the town wall (17th century)

By the first half of the 17th century, the wall no longer served as a defensive element, and in 1632 it was decided that a new parish building was to be built on a spot to the eastern side of the structure and the moat. The buildings that were previously on this spot were knocked down and a large percentage of the stones re-used to build the

temple. In 1707, during the War of the Succession, the parts of the fortification that remained intact while being completely obsolete were destroyed.

 

Close